You are curious to improve your gaming experience on PS5 with good quality Bluetooth headphones. You have stumbled on a great resource. In this article, we will guide you through the easiest steps on how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS5. This process will improve your sessions while gaming, and transport you to a world of your favorite games with very clear audio.
With the way wireless audio devices are getting more popular day by day, knowing how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS5 is a skill for any gamer. Stay connected as we provide you with clear steps on how you effortlessly sync your Bluetooth headphones to your PS5.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS5: Step-by-Step Instructions
The PlayStation 5 is a powerful console with a wide range of features.
Method 1: Use a Bluetooth USB adapter
This is typically the most easiest and straightforward method because this does not require any changes to your settings on your PS5. Plug the USB(Universal serial bus) adapter into your PS5 USB ports, then put it in pairing mode. Once the devices are paired, immediately you will be able to hear your PS5 audio through your headphones.
To connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS5, follow the step-by-step instructions;
- Plug the Bluetooth USB adapter into one of your PS5’s USB ports:
- Plug the Bluetooth USB adapter into any of the PS5’s USB ports: The PS5 comes with two USB ports in the front and one port in the back. You can plug on any of these ports.
- Put your headphones into pairing mode: The PS5 comes with two USB ports one at the back, and one in front. The process of putting your headphones into pairing mode will vary depending on the kind and model of your headphones. However, most headphones have a button for pairing that you need to press and slightly hold for a few seconds. Immediately they are in paring mode, the LED light on the headphones will start blinking. You can now plug the Bluetooth headphones into any of the ports.
- Open the Settings menu on your PS5: To open the Settings menu, press the PlayStation button on your controller and then select the Settings gear icon.
- Select Sound > Output > Audio Output Devices: The sound menu consists of all settings as it relates to your PS5. The output section on how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS5 automatically allows you to choose the device you want to output the audio to.
- Select your Bluetooth headphones from the list of devices: Once you have selected the audio output devices menu, you automatically see a list of audio devices connected to your PS5. Select yours from the list.
- Select the Output Device Priority setting to ensure that your PS5 always outputs audio to your headphones
Method 2: Using your TV’s Bluetooth connectivity
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS5. To make this a success follow the outlined steps below;
- In order to connect your headphones to your TV using Bluetooth. The steps vary as a result of the model of your TV, but you can actually consult your TV’s manual for instructions or otherwise.
- Once your headphones are already paired with your TV, open your settings menu on PS5
- Go to sound, from sound to Output, and then Audio Output Devices
- Select your TV from the list of options
- Perhaps if your TV supports it, you can also select the output device priority settings to make sure that your PS5 always brings out audio to your TV.
Tips for troubleshooting Bluetooth headphone connection issues
If you find it so difficult on how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS5, here are a few tips you can try out;
- Make sure your headphones are in pairing mode
- Your Bluetooth USB adapter should be properly plugged into your PS5
- Try restarting your PS5 and your audio devices(headphones)
- Update your PS5’s system software.
- Try updating the firmware on your Bluetooth USB adapter.
But if your issues still persist, kindly contact the manufacturer of your Bluetooth headphones or USB adapter for further help.
Wireless headphones are connected to your devices using Bluetooth technology. Therefore the two words ”how to connect wireless headphones to your PS5” and ”how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS5” mean the same thing.
Compatible Bluetooth Headphones for PS5.
The following below are compatible Bluetooth headphones that will be of great use on how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS5.
- Creative BT-W5: The Creative BT-W5, this well-known Bluetooth USB adapter is widely known for its high sound quality and low latency. Moreover, it comes with an in-built microphone which gives the room to use voice chat.
- Avantree DG80: The Avantree DG80 is also another great popular option that is known for the same qualities as compared to the Creative BT-W5. It supports a variety of Bluetooth codecs such as aptX LL, and LDAC.
- GuliKit Rou: This USB adapter is made specifically for gaming featuring a low latency mode optimized for gaming.
- MayFlash Magic-NS: The MayFlash Magic-NS is known for its wide compatibility, and works with different devices including your PS5, Switch, Nintendo, and PC.
As we round up, becoming a master on how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS5 opens the way to a true gaming experience. Its seamless connection removes the constraint that comes with wired setups allowing you to move freely, you can kindly check other themed contents on our site on topics like How to Take Care of your Headphones, best over-ear headphones for working out and so much more to guide you in making the best decisions.